If you have a bad driving record, buying car insurance policy in Monterey can be a real pain in the neck. When you do find insurers who sell policies for bad drivers, the rates tend to be high. Well, high rates are something that you have to be content with if you have a bad driving record. However, there are some ways by which you can make the policy more comprehensive and better priced.
How do companies judge you?
Your previous driving history is not the only factor that influences cost of premiums. Before adjudging as a good or bad customer, insurance companies consider four major factors.
* Driving records which includes previous accidents, tickets, DUI cases and insurance claims
* Personal information which includes date of birth, gender, marital status and driving experience
* Credit rating is checked to see if you are up to date with all your payments. If you are a bad driver, but have a good credit record with no outstanding or defaulted loans and with regular payments, you might get a decent policy
* Previous auto insurance history tells insurers about your coverage and length through which you had been uncovered in the past. Such coverage gaps can lead to problems when you buy car insurance in Monterey.
Spend more time deciding on the policy
The first tip is the simplest and the most obvious. If you have a poor driving record, you have to spend more time looking for a good policy. Fortunately for you, there are a number of insurance agencies that sell policies especially for bad drivers. You can find them on the Internet. Go through various options and do not make a hasty decision.
Determine the amount of coverage you need
Depending on your driving habits, try and determine the amount of coverage you require before you apply for a policy. If you have a very bad driving record, you can limit coverage to the basic limited liability policy. This takes care of medical expenses and compensation for damage to property at the time of collisions, but does not provide coverage for theft, court expense in case of a lawsuit and other such extra expenses. If your driving record is not very bad and you can afford to pay slightly higher premiums, you could go in for additional coverage.
Here are some ways of reducing cost of insurance.
* Buy car insurance under a group or family plan
* Look for customized policies for drivers with bad driving history
* Choose short term policies that have cheaper premiums. Let these cover you until you develop a good driving history
* Take a course in safe driving practices and attach the certificate along with the application form for your new insurance policy
Finding a policy is tough if you have bad driving history. However, the silver lining is that it is not impossible. So, spend some time, be realistic and choose the best policy. Visit us website for more details.
Be the first to like.